/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/rb-logo-04014-300x88.png 0 0 admin /wp-content/uploads/2014/04/rb-logo-04014-300x88.png admin2008-08-23 18:49:032008-08-23 18:49:03Graphistudio
On the 21st we caught the train from Venice up to Porderone, Italy (near the Alps) and took a taxi to a little town called Arba to visit our Wedding and Portrait album publishing company, Graphistudio. We met with Alessia there who showed us around.
What we learned:
- The leather that Graphi uses for their Classic covers is actually produced by a local leather craftsman and cattle farmer near Arba.
- The varnished cover options are actually varnished by a local mechanic the same way he varnishes a coat of paint on a car.
- There is a great new line of suede covers coming down the line, as well as some new ‘the-print-is-the-cover’ options.
- The books are assembled entirely by hand by a workforce of over 250 (300 during Christmas Rush).
- The owner of Graphistudio recently purchased a castle. They have a book full of very nice pictures.
- The actual printing and binding machines contain trade secrets, so we weren’t allowed very close or to take pictures of them >:(
It was great to see where these albums are actually produced and to put some faces on the names. the link below to see the pictures!